Marion Wilson (b. New York, lives and works in Englewood, NJ) holds an MFA from the University of Cincinnati, an MA from Columbia University, and a BA from Wesleyan University. She uses recycled materials and unlikely collaborations to revitalize urban spaces through the arts. Wilson is the founder of MLAB and the Mobile Field Station (a mobile eco/art lab in a collaboratively renovated RV) and 601 Tully – the renovation of an abandoned 1900 square ft residence that had become a drug house into a neighborhood art museum on the westside of Syracuse, NY. Wilson has exhibited with the New Museum of Contemporary Art, NYC, Frederieke Taylor, NYC, Herbert Johnson Museum at Cornell University, Kasia Kay Art Projects, New Orleans, Dorsky Gallery, NYC, Schroeder Romero Gallery, Exit Art, Cheryl Pelavin Fine Arts, Sculpture Center, NYC, Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center, Buffalo, NY, SPACES, Cleveland Ohio, and SCOPE Miami/Art Basel, Miami, Florida. Wilson has been awarded funded residencies at Millay Colony for the Arts (Nancy Graves Award), International Studio Program (NYSCA and Elizabeth Foundation), Sculpture Space in Utica, NY, and most recently McColl Center for Art and Innovation in Charlotte, North Carolina. Wilson is currently a lead artist for Mural Arts, Restored Spaces working in North Philly with William Cramp Elementary School on a project called Uprooted/re-Rooted.
For more information: http://marionwilson.com/